Saturday, December 4, 2010

DEC 4 -- Crainiotomy Day

My uncle had a crainiotomy, brain surgery for his aneurysm. he spent 11hrs in the operating room (3pm-2am), fighting for his life. I was there with him, from the time he got inside till he left the operating room. Luckily I was assigned at the OR in NOPH (Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital) so I was able to access in. I didn't scrubbed in, Felt like I was emotionally and physically unstable. I haven't had enough time to sleep prior that day, not to mention I've been having sleepless nights due to my insomnia (even thought of asking prescriptions for a sleeping pill). I was really tired and stress out.

Overall, the operation was successful, the surgeon said it himself, "the operation went perfectly fine, although I have to admit that it was really a though operation". I also heard feedbacks from our staff nurse that the surgeon said, it was a very good thing that the brain was relaxed during the entire operation. Everything actually went well except when the blackout strike. I had to go of the OR to calm my family that everything's alright inside, the machine has its own power and the ventilator is continuously working. After the operation, I am literally DEAD TIRED!!! --but knowing that the operation was successful, its all worth while :)

.....what were praying now is my uncles recovery, I heard that his having difficulty in breathing (probably one of the reason is that his still on his ventilator and when you look at him, he does look he can't breath well). up to this time everyone of us has high hopes that he will get through this crisis. His a fighter and with all faith, we know that each trials has its own purpose and everything will soon be alright.

As of now, we are indeed in great FINANCIAL and EMOTIONAL crisis but again, with high HOPES, we believe that will surpass this devastating and heartbreaking situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment